How Renfrew County Safe Shelter for Youth Can Help
Renfrew County Safe Shelter for Youth is a program that puts the priority on our youth’s voices and provides the flexible approach needed to connect with them in order to guide them on their journey to achieving a safe and healthier lifestyle. It also aims to create an environment where youth feel empowered to set goals, build relationships and connect to community resources. We want to help youth achieve their own goals, not the goals that others have for them.
On this journey, Renfrew County Safe Shelter for youth can provide:
- A safe and secure place to stay
- Mediation and advocacy
- Support engaging with community resources that can help
- Needed clothing and toiletries
Renfrew County Safe Shelter for Youth exists to help:
- Youth between the ages of 16 and 21 who reside within Renfrew County
- Youth who are homeless or at-risk of being homeless
- Youth who are not able to access the Continued Care and Support for Youth (CCSY)
- Homeless 16 and 17-year-old youth who do not want to engage in other child protection services available. This could include accessing foster homes, placements with Kin, or reunification with parents.
Please contact Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County by calling 1-800-267-5878, ext. 0 or 613-735-6866.
Renfrew County Safe Shelter for Youth would not be possible without the collaborative work and assistance provided by the following community partners: United Way East Ontario, The Phoenix Centre for Children & Families, and Columbus House Pembroke.