Holiday Gift Program
Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County has long recognized the growing needs of the families served by our organization. With this recognition, we have endeavored to support our families in the community by providing for their children during the holiday season.
Our Holiday Gift Program helps families across Renfrew County and provides gifts to children from birth to the age of 16. It also assists youth between the ages of 16 and 21 who reside independently and would not otherwise receive a gift.
During the 2021 holiday season, over 250 referrals were received from workers within our agency. To meet this need, businesses, organizations and individuals in the community generously supported our efforts.
You can support our Holiday Gift Program in one of three ways:
1. Sponsor a child – you will be able to shop for a particular child with some information from their wish list and items they need.
2. Donate items – you can simply donate newly purchased items and we can suggest gift items in need.
3. Donate funds – if you don’t have time to shop, we will do it for you! A monetary donation will be used to purchase gifts for those who do not get sponsored. Simply click this link https://fcsrenfrew.on.ca/get-involved/donate/ and specify Holiday Gift Program in the donation notes section.
If you are interested in participating, please contact us at 613-735-6866, or email [email protected]
HOLIDAY MEAL PROGRAM
Each year, Family and Children’s Services of Renfrew County runs a holiday meal program that provides members of the community with a nutritious, precooked frozen feast to allow flexibility for families to decide when to celebrate.
Last year we provided approximately 100 families with a meal, and this year we are hoping to reach our goal of 150.
We are looking for monetary donations to purchase everything we need to prepare the meals. The options to donate are:
1. Donating via our website, specifying “Holiday Meals” in the notes section of your donation. https://fcsrenfrew.on.ca/get-involved/donate/
2. Dropping off a monetary donation at Mary St. Suite 203 Pembroke, ON K8A 5V4
3. Or, if you would prefer to donate food or other items, please contact the agency directly at (613) 735-6866, and ask to speak with Brittany Hanniman or Chantal Brunino.
Donations will be accepted until December 6th, 2022.
Thank you for your generosity. Our community needs you!